Mary hops between three different colleges: Cape Cod Community College, Bridgewater State University, and Fisher College in Boston. She teaches English and Early Childhood Education in face-to-face, hybrid, and on-line courses.
- Courses at CCCC: English Composition 101, Classroom Management for Early Childhood Teachers, Introduction to Early Childhood Education, and Poetry in the Early Childhood Classroom.
- Courses at Fisher College: Children’s Literature, Intermediate Critical Writing, The Art of the Essay, Literacy and the Young Child, Preschool Curricula, Introduction to Early Childhood.
- Courses at Bridgewater State University: English 101; Reading and Writing Cape Cod.
Creative Writing teaching experience:
- Candy Dish Writers class for teens at Harwich Junior Theatre
- Creative writing at Barnstable County Correctional Facility (video interview about this experience)
- “Time to Write,” creative writing workshop for adults
- Middle-school poetry presentations: Nauset Regional Middle School and Cape Cod Lighthouse Charter School (Cape Cod, MA), St. Luke’s School (South Bronx, NY)
- Private tutoring for adults or children interested in poetry, novel writing, or memoir
Early Childhood Professional Training Topics:
- “Emotional Literacy through Picture Books: Building Two Strengths at Once”
- “Vitamin P: Enhancing the Reading Experience with Picture Books and Poetry”
- “You, Me and the Picture Book: Read-Aloud Strategies.”
College Essay tutoring
Mary provides one-on-one tutoring to high school juniors and seniors to help them craft their college essays. Contact Mary for appointment info and rates.