Mary has hopped between three different colleges over the years: Cape Cod Community College, Bridgewater State University, and Fisher College in Boston. She teaches English and Early Childhood Education in face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses.
- Courses at CCCC: English Composition 101 and 102, Poetry in the Early Childhood Classroom, Classroom Management for Early Childhood Teachers, and Introduction to Early Childhood Education.
- Courses at Fisher College: Children’s Literature, Intermediate Writing & Research, Literacy & the Young Child.
- Courses at Bridgwater State University: English 101, Reading and Writing Cape Cod.
Creative Writing teaching experience:
- Candy Dish Writers class for teens at Harwich Junior Theatre
- Creative writing to incarcerated women at Barnstable County Correctional Facility (video interview about this experience)
- “Time to Write,” creative writing workshop for adults
- Middle-school poetry presentations: Nauset Regional Middle School and Cape Cod Lighthouse Charter School (Cape Cod, MA), St. Luke’s School (South Bronx, NY)
- Private tutoring for adults or children interested in poetry, novel writing, or memoir
Early Childhood Professional Training Topics:
- “Emotional Literacy through Picture Books: Building Two Strengths at Once”
- “Vitamin P: Enhancing the Reading Experience with Picture Books and Poetry”
- “You, Me and the Picture Book: Read-Aloud Strategies.”
- “Raising a Reader:” a professional development course for children’s librarians at Bridgewater State Univesity-Cape Cod.
College Essay tutoring
Mary provides one-on-one tutoring to high school juniors and seniors to help them craft their college essays. Contact Mary for appointment info and rates.